Lapland Lake Nordic Vacation Center
- Cabins/Cottages/House Rentals
Adirondack Splendor - Finnish Hospitality! Our four-season woodland retreat has been proudly owned and operated by former U.S. Olympian Olavi Hirvonen and his family since 1978. We offer year-round lodging in ten immaculate tupas (housekeeping cottages) featuring living rooms, up to four bedrooms, fully-equipped kitchens (refrigerator-freezer, range, microwave, toaster, electric coffee maker), baths with showers, screened porches, electric heat and wood stoves including all wood stove supplies. Our authentic Finnish wood-burning sauna is complimentary year round for overnight guests. Professional massage therapy is available.
During the spring, summer and fall seasons overnight guests have access to our stunning 70-acre, non-motor lake with private, sandy beach. Woods Lake offers exceptional swimming, fishing, kayaking & canoeing with complimentary use of kayaks, canoes, rowboats and paddle boats. Private trails are available for hiking & mountain biking. Our 3-mile self-guided nature trail is a delight for children and adults alike. In the winter months you are welcome to visit for the day or to lodge with us to experience our award-winning cross country ski center. 50km of scenic ski & snowshoe trails are surrounded by the pristine southern Adirondack Forest Preserve. Trails are available for all abilities, from beginner to expert. Lapland Lake offers meticulous snowcat grooming; well-trained, courteous staff; two-story warming lodge; full rental-retail shops; PSIA ski instruction; children's tubing; ice-skating and food service. Tavataan ladulla! See you on the trails!
- Four-season vacation center in the pristine Southern Adirondack Mountains
- Immaculate 2, 3 & 4 bedroom tupas (housekeeping cottages) for year round use
- Spring, summer & fall: swim, kayak, canoe, fish, hike, mountain bike (lodging guests only)
- Winter: award-winning cross country ski center! Snowshoe , tube, ice-skate (day use and lodging guest use)
- Owned and operated more than three decades by former US Olympic skier Olavi Hirvonen
Member EventsSaturday Jan 6, 2018Saturday Jan 27, 2018Saturday Feb 10, 2018
Whom to Contact
- Paul and Kathy ZahrayPhone: (518) 863-4974Fax: (518) 863-2651
- Accepts less than full week's stay
- Boat/Motors Rental
- Major Credit Cards
- Meeting Room
Take the NYS Thruway (I-90) ) to Exit 27 at Amsterdam. Follow Rte. 30 north for 27 miles (3.2 miles north of Northville). Turn left onto (Co.Hwy. 6) for 5.2 miles. At Storer Road turn right, 3/4 mile.