Part-Time LPN, Second Shift (3 pm-11 pm)
Are you looking for a rewarding job where you have the time to really make a positive impact on your patients and their families? Mountain Valley Hospice is currently seeking a part-time LPN to become a member of our team who will work primarily 3 pm - 11 pm in our 8-bed hospice home. The LPN must be available to work every other weekend.
• Assists in the provision of nursing care to the hospice patient. Collaborates with the patient’s RN case manager and other members of the IDT in the development of the plan of care.
• Reports to RN Case Manager/consults with RN Case Manager regarding changes in patient’s condition/comfort.
• Collects data on aspects of pain, other symptoms, suffering and their impact on patients and families.
• Implements the plan of care to manage symptoms and provide physical care of the patient.
• Administers medications in accordance with the agency policy and State regulations.
• Assists in the provision of care according to the care plan.
• Accurately documents all aspects of the nursing process and patient/family response to the visit within the agency’s timeframes.
• Participates in the agency Quality Assessment/Performance Improvement program.
• Attends Interdisciplinary Team Meetings, staff meetings and in-services.
• Instructs patients and caregivers according to the plan of care.
• Recommends changes to the plan of care based on observations.
• Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to the provision of quality care.
• Knowledge of medications and therapies for pain and symptom control.
- License to practice in NYS as a licensed practical nurse is required
- 1+ years experience as an LPN
- Current NYS Driver's License, reliable vehicle and proof of car insurance